There are so many guidelines for healthy eating habits and for weight loss that you can’t follow them all. So that was the reason why I implemented only some of them into my new lifestyle but even so I have been successful in losing 39 lbs (18 kg) till now during these 7 and half months.
I started to prepare a healthy diet and nutrition plan for myself – using my long-years-experience and several ideas offered by experts and many others.
In today’s article first I’ll share with you how I started to switch to my new healthy lifestyle, then I’ll write about the results I’ve achieved so far.
Then the foods and drinks I consume and don’t consume will be discussed. The fourth will be speaking about the secrets of my healthy eating habits.
Last but not least I’ll also write about some boosts that had to be added to be able to continue the effectiveness of my healthy eating habits to lose weight.
Photos of the food I used to eat.
The Beginning of My Story – How I Switched to My New Healthy Eating Habits to Lose Weight.
So in the middle of last September, when I decided to lose weight, then keep the weight I’d achieve and detox my body at the same time, I gradually started to build my healthy eating habits to lose weight by creating healthy eating plans for myself.
I was sure that I didn’t want to follow any extreme diets as I knew I couldn’t maintain any of them. My decision was to develop my healthy eating habits for long, I would say: forever.
After so much experience I had had before, I also knew that some experts tell you a certain food is good for you, while you’ll find others saying exactly the opposite so I had to assume the direction of affairs.
My Healthy Eating Habits to Lose Weight. – I’ve Almost Achieved My Final Weight Loss Results.
My Results So Far:
- I’m glad that my healthy eating habits to lose weight have made me successful in achieving almost my final weight loss goal 44 lbs (20 kg) weight loss so why should I give up these habits?
- I’m feeling great and I have more energy, I can do my daily activities and my well-planned workouts 3 times a week.
- My health is improving: as I’ve already mentioned my blood pressure has normalized, my cholesterol level has become normal, there are no problems with my blood sugar level, I haven’t been ill for a long time!
- My mood is much better than it used to be.
- There is NO suffering, there’s NO feeling of missing something off my nutrition, i.e. I don’t deprive myself of the foods I love.
What Do I Eat According to My Healthy Eating Habits to Lose Weight?
I usually eat 1,300–1,500 calories per day as I’ve found it a safe way to lose weight and that’s enough for my body to work properly.
- A lot of vegetables carrots, broccoli, zucchini, cabbage, onion, etc (in as many colours as possible).
- I prepare lots of salads.
- I’ve swapped my previous usual rice, chips or pasta side dishes for colorful salads.
- Dairy products like low-fat milk and some yogurt.
- My protein consists of: chicken breast or Turkey breast, with skin removed.
- My protein consists of low-fat cottage cheese, egg whites and fat-free cheese.
- I know fish could be consumed as well but to be honest, I’m not a fan of fish in general.
- The fruits I usually eat are apples, oranges, kiwis, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.
So in general I consume:
- Chicken breast or turkey breast after I’ve removed the skin.
- Low-fat cheese.
- Cottage cheese.
- Mozzarella cheese.
- Whole wheat bread.
- Black olives – I sometimes put them into my salads.
- Nowadays I mainly use olive virgin oil or coconut oil.
- I love spicy foods so I use a lot of spices like red pepper, oregano, garlic, marjoram, etc.
- Cheese spread is one of my favourite foods and I’ve not eliminated it either.
- In some cases I put a slice of low-fat cheese on whole-grain crackers.
- Every day I can even have some desserts, like cottage cheeses cake, or coconut balls (my favourite dessert!!!) or other cakes with NO sugar. I’m so lucky that my son prepares them for me and he takes into consideration my healthy eating habits to lose weight
- I can even eat, – i.e. in rare cases – the food I used to love so much – like a spaghetti – in moderation of course.
What I Don’t Eat Following My Healthy Eating Habits to Lose Weight?
I’m so proud that I could eliminate:
- Sugar in general so I consume no Sugar-based products or sugary drinks I used to drink.
- White bread.
- White rice.
- Pre-made foods.
My old eating habits.
The Secret of The Guidelines I Follow in My healthy Eating Habits to Lose Weight.
- I have 5 meals per day at almost exact times. I got used to NOT needing snacks between my usual meals.
- I’m the sort of person who needs to eat at once after getting up and I’m sure my breakfast helps me start days with a lot of energy.
- I’ve increased my daily protein intake because of usual workouts.
- Before my workouts I consume a meal with much carbohydrate.
- The portions are much smaller nowadays than they used to be.
- I put my food on smaller plates.
- I use as many colours in my foods as I can. My meals look, not only taste fantastic!
- I give ’plenty of’ time for eating my meals.
- I put small portions into my mouth and bite each portion thoroughly.
- Nothing important for my organism has been left out – but changes have been made for healthy alternatives, e.g.
- I feel good while eating and after my meals as well!
- I don’t take snacks I used to have when watching TV.
- Generally I use virgin olive oil or coconut oil.
- I’m able to concentrate on foods as ’not for me’ – e.g. when I see what my family members eat, like a lot of pancakes, other cakes in large portions or a large plate of spaghetti or pasta!
- I don’t eat late at night but my last meal is usually minimum 2 or 3 hours before going to bed.
My dinners are light.
- I drink a lot of water, and as I’m a great lover of tea, TEA, TEA and TEA, different brands – and they also have helped me in boosting my metabolism. Twice or three times a week I have my coffee with milk (low-fat milk) with a sweetener.
Why Have My Healthy Eating Habits to Lose Weight Been Effective?
I’ve replaced processed food with real food as often as possible. I’ve found a good balance of protein, fat, carbohydrates (like vegetables, whole grains), fiber (like grains, vegetables, fruits and nuts), vitamins, and minerals in my diet.
So nothing important has been eliminated but healthy changes have been made.
I’m aware that my body also needs vitamins (from A to K) and minerals (like Calcium, Iron or Magnesium) but I’m not absolutely sure I take enough – so for a 2 or 3 months period (twice a year) I usually take multivitamins every day.
For my husband I always buy:
As omega3 has very important benefits, I usually take these capsules as well.
So the health benefits – at present and for long terms – have been taken into consideration.
What Boosts Had to Be Given to Be Able to Continue Having Results of My Healthy Eating Habits to Lose Weight?
In spite of the fact that I had kept the rules in my healthy eating habits to lose weight, my weight loss suddenly stopped – for no special reason at all – then I realized something had to be given to boost my metabolism. That was the time I started to take BURN-XT Thermogenic Fat Burner. It has worked in my case.
I’m very happy and optimistic because of all my results so far, so this fact also gives me a boost to continue. Hoping my success story has given you help and positivity to achieve your own results.
In my next article I’ll tell you the name of the city where I had to try the delicious food so I didn’t always follow my rules, but I don’t mind it at all!
My other articles about different diet programs worth considering to follow:
I’d be more than happy to hear your success stories. Please feel free to leave your comments and questions below.